Monday, April 09, 2007

Magical Mystery Tour

Last night Nic and Leonie prepared a picnic, loaded us in the car, and took us off on a mystery adventure. I'm not going to tell you where we ended up, because it's our secret. Let's just say that we ended up somewhere very high, with an amazing view of the airport and coast.

We arrived about half an hour before sunset and drank bubbly and wine while watching the planes fly in and out in the twilight.

Lesson number one - it's extremely difficult to photograph a plane when it's taking off. They move very quickly.

Once again the beautiful Wellington evening prevailed. We live in one of the most beautiful cities on this planet, I'm sure.

It will be interesting to come back here some time when there's more of a wind and the planes are coming in from the South. Today the flying conditions must have been perfect. What a great day to be a pilot.


Thanks to Nic and Leonie for finding us such a stunning spot. I hope I will remember for a long time this as one of the most perfect evenings ever.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

idn't realise it was so long since I visited your blog, until I saw how many posts I had to catch up on! You make me feel homesick for Wellington, a little. I think I know roughly where that spot is. Actually, I think both Wellington and Christchurch are beautiful cities, but in very different ways.
I'm enjoying reading your NaPoWriMo poems too. I won't try and leave a comment on each one. I particularly liked the "broken thread" one.
You have visited more countries than I have!

Pip said...

Thanks Catherine. I'm finding it really hard to comment on people's poems during NaPoWriMo. I'm too busy writing my own, and there's so many to catch up on! I do appreciate getting everyone else's comments though, and rest assured I am still following your blog as well...