Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gratitude # 37

I had another good day today. I was busy and on task all day at work. I had coffee with my manager. I had a healthy lunch. My eyesight felt slightly better and the swaying was almost completely absent.

It was another lovely autumn day so at 5 o'clock I put my running gear on. I told myself I'd run at an easy pace and just see how far I could go. I decided to turn back at 2.5k. Well, I started running and I didn't stop. I put Bop on my iPod and pressed play, and disappeared into my happy place. I kept it fairly slow but I never felt like I couldn't have kept going. After the turnaround I started picking people off. Sure, I got overtaken at the Tuesday run finish line by the two lead 5k walkers, but they were caning it so I tried not to let it bother me.

I ran. Only 5k but it was a good start and I can build from here. This is, I think, what recovery looks like. I am grateful for running and I'm grateful for recovery.

No comments: