Sunday, March 07, 2010

Gratitude #14

I'm grateful for another good day.

I'm grateful for another sleep in. Hamish and I then drove into town to the Cuba Street apartment of some former Auckland friends of ours. On the way we bought apartment-warming cup cakes.

We sat around for a few hours talking, drinking tea and playing with their Ragdoll cats. After a tour of the pool, spa, sun deck and gym facilities we said our goodbyes. I'd been tracking an auction for a wardrobe on Trademe, but lost that. Just as well, as I promptly walked into Pixel Ink and discovered that they were now selling the Flox Robin print I've been lusting after for weeks. Hamish also decided to buy a print he has been eyeing up, so the store made a nice sale at the end of their day.

We stopped into Duke Carvell's for some small plates, a beer and a glass of Rose in the sun, all excellent. From there it was off home for some down time on the sofa.

It's been a great, sunny, warm yet cool autumn day.

No comments: