Saturday, August 05, 2006

Being allowed to run a little again has gone slightly to my head. The physio told me I could run for 10 minutes... so I ran for 15. Then she said I could run for 15 minutes, so I ran for 20. I'm hoping she's giving me really conservative times in the knowledge that I will probably do more than I'm supposed to...

So, since first being allowed to run again on Tuesday, I've done:
  • 1 fifteen minute slot on a treadmill, followed by 30 minutes on a cross trainer
  • A 20 minute run around the Bays with the jog squad
  • A 12 minute run on the treadmill, followed by lower body power training with Duck that left me almost unable to walk...
  • A mad RPM class with Jocko in which five tracks were hill tracks. And I did NOT take it easy... Oh - and a five minute sprint on the treadmill after that...
Today I rounded my week off with another 22 minutes of running around the Bays. It felt soooo good, and I really could have kept going, but I sort of behaved (given that I was only supposed to be running for 15), and went back to the gym. However, doing another RPM class could have been considered silly, and then stopping for an energy bar and a change of clothes before doing a Body Balance class could be considered over the top...

Oh well, after that and a quick stop into Subway I bought myself a new and badly needed pair of running tights. Then I wandered over to Pagani. Hamish is doing visuals at a While You Were Sleeping gig tonight and I wanted something new to wear. I'm so sick of my clothes. Either they don't fit or they're not bright enough. I thought Pagani would have something that was both sexy and colourful.

The lovely saleswomen at Pagani, which is after all only a bargin-level clothing store, deserve full credit. They were friendly, helpful, interested, and they REALLY knew how to find the right piece of clothing... I ended up with half the tops in store in the changing room with me. I haven't had so much fun in a long time. I bought two tops that fit the bill perfectly. Both have shoe string straps, are fitted around the bust, and then drape down over the middle down to the hips. One is an olive-green colour, and the other is green and pink. Both look fabulous, and I would never have even thought of trying them on a few months ago. I also bought a new size 10 pair of jeans, and a little black bolero top to wear over the other two.

So today I feel fit and sexy. Yay!

Leonie sent me a link to a great poetry blog, Poetry Thursday. Thank you so much beautiful woman. Yet again you have sent me just the right link at just the right time, when I really wanted to put my words out there to a wider audience. Unfortunately my first Thursday poem will never be printed here. It's too personal and may only ever be seen by my husband, if anyone. It's all about yearning, unfulfilled longing, and learning to deal with the knowledge that you will never get exact what you want. However I will make an effort to include a Thursday poem on my blog from this point onwards. I am finding that being creative does take time and commitment, and lately I've been giving all that commitment to my training. It's time to get a little balance!

No comments: