Wednesday, May 09, 2007

NaPoWriMo 29: Split

Yep, I know. It's well into May and NaPoWriMo fell of the radar long ago. In fact it's NZ music month, and I'm compiling a list of great NZ music for you all to be inspired by. However NaPoWriMo and I have two items of unfinished business. Here's one of them, for what it's worth!

Rant
Don’t try to tell me
my life is lived in binary.
You, Mr Professor with your
mind body splits and your
duality of reality.
Try telling my mind that
it is separate from this
body next time the
red rages kick in!
Easy for you, this
rational mind thing, this
women’s body has been
accused of being
uncontrolled for too
long as it is.
Thanks very much for
your patronising patriarchy.
Who asked you anyhow?
Not me. This mind, this
heart know very well
they are connected to,
defined by these
lovehandles, the
bumps on my thighs.
Take a look at the
tits on Lara Croft
some time if you
don’t believe me.
Stop trying to sort me
into little boxes.
I’m quite happy the
way I am!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I'm glad to see you're finishing - looking forward to reading the last one, whenever you get to it :)