Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday Scribbings: Fortune Cookie


As I write this Sunday Scribbings post I am sitting on the ground leaning against a tree in the middle of a stand of young Kauri trees and Mamaku ferns. The Tuis have returned for the start of the breeding season and are calling and chasing each other all around me while Kaka squawk and Tieke alarm call in the distance. Every pore of my body has registered the change in the seasons. I am in tune with the birds and the young growth on the shrubs brushing up against me.

My fortune cookie would say something like "do what you know makes you happy, not what is easy". for doing what is easy may lead to some kind of initial, surface gratification, but pursuing a greater goal, no matter how much it scares me, will always lead to the greater reward of genuine satisfaction.

6 comments:

Jessie said...

I don't know what I loved reading more: your fortune or about the place you are writing from.
:)

GreenishLady said...

Everything there sounds so exotic and different! Kauri, Mamaku, Tui, Kaka, Tieke! I really like your fortune cookie. and your thinking behind it. I'd like to adopt that for myself too!

GreenishLady said...

PS Thanks for adding such informative links. It's good to see pictures of all the plants and wildlife you refer to!

Kamsin said...

That is a great fortune! Thanks for sharing it.

Pip said...

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback. I wanted to make sure that anyone reading my post could really understand the experience - hence all the links. I'm thrilled you found them so useful!

Unknown said...

my latest blog post dolabuy gucci view it now Find Out More great post to read find this