Saturday, April 03, 2010

Gratitude #41

Today I'm grateful for yoga. A workmate invited me to her class and, after a few drinks on Friday night it seemed like a good idea. This morning I was nervous, not just about attending a new class, but about my vestibular issues. However I've been feeling so much steadier this week that I thought it worth giving a go.

Well, vestibular problems turned out to be the least of my worries! I felt weak and inflexible, podgy and the sight of my hairy legs kept bothering me. However it was the best ninety minutes in a long time. The class was small, the studio was airy, and the instructor was incredibly sweet. It was all very laid back, there was laughter, and no one was taking themselves too seriously. I have a feeling my shoulders are going to be sore tomorrow, judging by the effort I was having to put into my Downwards Dogs and planks, but the relaxed back bends we did were fantastic.

After the class I met Hamish at the supermarket then we had a quiet brunch at the cafe in Brooklyn. Tonight we have tickets to Alice in Wonderland in 3D.

I'm thinking I want to reactive my gym membership, and I'm also thinking I feel like I'm slowly getting myself back.

No comments: