Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday I did a lunchtime Balance class, a satisfyingly hardcore upper body workout after work, and then over 100 minutes of spin class.

Today - my knee hurts.

Sigh.

I'm going to the physio tomorrow with a strategy. I'm going to seek her approval to a recovery regime. One week of no biking, no running, no squats, lunges or leg press. Still allowed - upper body weights, Balance and aqua jogging/swimming.

Make no mistake. This regime is going to kill me psychologically. Realistically, it may not even fix the knee. I believe it will take two weeks of rest to genuinely fix the problem. I'm hoping one week will bide me enough time to get me through Taupo.

I will be missing the ride this weekend out to the Haywards and Moonshine Rd. That on its own is enough to send me into a deep depression. The time away from Cleo will feel like purgatory. However the alternative is to continue pushing this knee, with the possibility of blowing it up completely and not being able to race at all.

Thankfully the weather forecast for the next few days is appalling, and with it being a long weekend, and a weekend that Hamish and I have traditionally spent lying around eating, perhaps I will cope. Although I am developing an abiding fear of the scales. I will just have to deal with the weight issues later. Recovery should come first.

Bah.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! The thought of complete recovery week leading up to Taupo must be terrifying.

But yes, recovery must come first.

We can be all gimpy and recovery-ish together.

"Bah", is right.

Sass said...

I just got this mental picture of you forlornly sitting in your hall with a sad frown on your face, desultorily (is that a word??) and slowly spinning Cleo's wheel...

Stupid knee!