Thursday, October 23, 2008

I can ride, I can ride, I can ride

So the physio thinks it's a GOOD thing that my knee got me through that ride up to Hawkins Hill. She reminded me it's only been a week and a half since I damaged it. She has banned me from spin classes for the interim, but ...

I can ride this Saturday, provided I'm sensible and don't ride up Moonshine Rd if I know I'm hurting. She said that I should keep moving as much as possible, since my knee hurts more after I stop. She said I am allowed to replace the spinning with actual riding.

How much do I love my physio?

Having said that, I will still forgo Saturday's ride if I don't feel in myself that I'm improving. I will keep icing, keep taking Voltaran, continue to wear my one pair of office-friendly loafers, keep updating this blog.

It's not over till it's over, and it's not over until I'm over Hatepe and the finishline is in sight.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Spin is great, but pretty much the devil for knees! All that "uphill" grinding...

Yay!