Thursday, August 21, 2008

You know you're a runner when ...


Despite having spent half an hour doing a hill programme on an exercycle this morning, and despite having followed that up with an intense circuit workout, the warm sunshine and lack of wind at lunchtime were too much to resist.

Seven very pleasant but VERY slow kilometres later .... I think I'm done for the day!

My exercise stats from Saturday to today:

  • Four runs
  • 3 RPM classes
  • 1/2 hour exercycle
  • 2 weights sessions
  • 1 Balance class

The runs included the 14km Belmont trail run (2km straight up), an undulating and fast 7km on Monday night, a short but intense hill and stair circuit on Wednesday night and the flat, slow 7km today.

I'm feeling fresh, not terribly sore and reassuringly non-injured. It's all a bit of a miracle really! Now let's have some of that sun this weekend so that Cleo and I can continue getting to know each other ...

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

hee - you sound just like me! Nothing like a good run on a beautiful day! Love the pic too...