Friday, March 14, 2008

Writer's Island: Rising

What a juicy prompt! I was thrilled when I saw the task set for us this week. Anyone with enough patience to scroll through my last few posts will get an indication of the kind of journey I'm on at the moment. Over the last couple of months I have gained a whole new respect for this person who is me. I wanted to reflect that sense of riding a crest of self-recognition, but also to transpose that into a wider context, that of a population of beings 'rising' to a new level of consciousness.

Rising

There’s a full moon rising

swollen, pulling the earth

towards her. We are all

lifted, we elevate -

desires illuminated

in lunar light.

In rising she reduces,

yet her light casts further.

Behind all she touches

shadows expand the

volume of our dreams.

Wrapped in a crystalline

filigree we are

precious too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i so want you to publish a book of your poems! so i can carry it with me and read them over and over.

thanks so much for the previews, i feel so honoured to see these beauties emerge.

Pip said...

Thanks!
Leonie, it's been in the back of my mind to publish a collection. Perhaps I'll have to start working on it over winter!