Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Yay for excellent runs! A quick update for Sarah...

We had a gorgeous evening for our run tonight. We ran for nearly 6km, from the gym up Taranaki Street, to the end of Wallace, then left down to the Adelaide Rd intersection, left down to the Basin Reserve, then up Ellis (sp?) Street - the street by the Liquor Store where we did our first hill run with the original Jog Squad. We ran up to Austin, down Marjoribanks, up Hawkins (?), Roxburgh etc back down to Kent Terrace, around past the supermarket (Cable Street?), back down Taranaki to the gym. It took up just over 40 minutes, with some decent hills thrown in. And for once it all went brilliantly. I set a good pace right from the start, and kept at it for the whole run. My breathing was good, and my legs felt strong again (thank goodness for physio). A handful of fast girls ran ahead of me, but I caught up with Megan by the supermarket and came in ahead of Lisa. I am sooooo a running machine! There was no way, looking at the map, that I thought I was going to be able to do the whole thing before hand. I'd lost so much confidence in my running, but this was a great restorer. Hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow!

Bronwyn was leaving the gym as we were stretching downstairs. She stopped and we had a good chat. She's not leaving till February, and is just getting back into the gym again after a hectic few months. I've invited her along to our Saturday morning runs. It would be good to have her there to challenge me, and it was really good to catch up with her again.

On top of that I had a great performance review, and spent an enjoyable day finalising one of my business impact assessments and an accompanying visio map. Allie finished up today so we all stopped for morning tea. It's times like this I'm incredibly grateful for working in such a fantastic team, with three talented female managers above me.

Now I'm sitting here watching Extras with a cat on my lap. Definitely a day for counting blessings.

No comments: