Friday, October 08, 2010

This week in review

Saturday: Three hour bike ride round the Makara loop via Old Porirua Rd and Johnsonville.
Sunday: 80k cycle race in Featherston
Monday: 10k, hilly one hour run
Tuesday: 90 minutes of RPM (two classes)
Wednesday: Flat medium pace 5k run
Thursday: One hour session with Duck (sprint intervals from a lying position, lunges, squats, pressups, core work and upper body stuff with the TPR ropes), and a total of around 1.5 hours cycling
Friday: Rest and a massage!

Over 11 hours in total and boy did it feel good. At times it hurt and boy have I slept heavily each night. However I'm happy to see I can sustain this kind of training load again without blowing up. Tomorrow's a rest day as well ahead of a half marathon in Masterton on Sunday, then probably another rest day or two before I properly turn my attention to the Taupo Cycle Challenge.

No comments: