Saturday, October 30, 2010

Anyone want to buy a bike?

Cleo is up for sale. I feel more than a little sad ...

Today's ride was good - round the Bays to the cutting then up Awa Rd, back down to the coast, up Happy Valley to Brooklyn then up to the wind turbine. The climb up to the bottom of Ashton Fitchett was easier than I remembered, the climb up to the turbine just as bad. The first 100m or so is stupidly steep and I was probably one of the few riders who didn't stop at all during the climb. One even fell over after failing to unclip.

There was a fairly strong and very cold southerly wind blowing today. After coming back down off the hill I was shivering badly, even with arm warmers. We climbed up Aro Valley then through Wilton, Churton Park etc to Ngaio where some of us called it quits and the others continued on to Johnsonville to do Makara. I did around 50k today, which was still not enough, however tomorrow is the Martinborough race which, at 115k, should put me through my paces.

Still not feeling over confident about my cycle fitness. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: