Saturday, June 07, 2008

Yes officer

I discovered today that sometimes it can be a bad thing to have a car that looks like everyone else's. I got pulled over on Willis Street on the way to the gym by a police officer who was after a guy in a red Honda Civic talking on a cell phone. Thankfully he admitted he had the wrong car and I was allowed to go on my lawful way.

By the time I got to the gym after all of that I only had half an hour to fit a run in before Balance. It never fails to amaze me how I can have a brilliant, strong and powerful run one day and then absolutely die the next time I head out. My legs were just smashed today. I suspect I was also dehydrated, but what ever the reason I ended up plodding very slowly up Molesworth and around Thorndon Quay and the waterfront.

There was a very strong Northerly blowing that made life interesting, but I'm not going to use that as an excuse. There was just nothing in the tank. At least running so slowly gave me plenty of space to monitor my technique I guess. It was a relief to get back to Balance.

I've been feeling very tired all day, so I'm going easy on myself. No 7.15a.m. RPM for me then. Besides, if the weather turns as nasty as it's supposed to (snow on the Rimutakas overnight) I won't want to be crawling out of bed at 6a.m. I think I'll stick to the 4.30 RPM instead, and possibly a weights workout beforehand.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Yep, today's not a day for an early start. Bring on the trainer (*sigh*)...

Kate said...

PS- what time were you running the 'quay? If it was around 9ish-10:30ish and you saw a super speedy brunet guy busting out a mean ten-k, it could well have been Phil.

Pip said...

What was he wearing? A guy did go flying past me.

It's so cold here and looking out at the snow on the mountains isn't helping. Might go to the gym. At least it'll be warm there ...

Kate said...

He was wearing a short sleeved tealy coloured top with grey shorts and running tights. (I had to ask...)

(PS- I think the title of my blog gives away the Sound of Music thing....I find it really hard to pick movies for the trainer, as I can't really concentrate properly.)