Sunday, February 04, 2007

Goodbyes


I don't want to be writing about goodbyes right now. I don't want to because I'm in denial. I don't want to because in too short a time I'm going to be saying goodbye to an amazing, inspirational, challenging, frustrating, crazy, sane, brave, funny, loving woman, and I don't want to have to do that yet.

Oh, I don't mean goodbye as in 'never to have contact ever again'. I'm sure there will still be emails (daily on my part, bored from my work computer) and phonecalls (I'm soon to discover the joys of Internet telephony). But we're not talking 'staggering distance' down the road contact, or 'see you at 6am for a ride to the gym' contact, or brunch at our place, dinner at yours weekends.

You know who you are. You're going off to have some huge amazing adventures, and I've never been more proud of you and the way that you approach life face on. But I'm going to miss you. Just thought you ought to know that ...

Other writers have also been saying their goodbyes over at the Sunday Scribblings site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I know who I am. I'm trying not to think about how much I will miss you. Like I said to you last week, I've never really had a close girlfriend such as you, so I haven't ever had to experience this before.

I expect you to keep in touch with me (photos, emails, blog posts, phone calls). I don't want to miss a thing!
Hopefully we will get to have some overseas adventures together as well. In fact, I'm counting on it.