Saturday, May 30, 2009

Wheeeeeeee

Hiding under a duvet on the sofa on a Saturday afternoon

That's the sound of an Arctic southerly blowing through the empty halls of this blog.  Guess I kinda disappeared after the marathon huh?  Well, the good news is that the head cold never turned into anything serious.  I've been continuing to train - three runs a week, a spin class, a ride (or two more spin classes), and three LBN workouts (which are kicking my butt).  

Post-marathon I had good run after good run, felt strong and powerful, fell in love with running all over again. I kept training even as the weather deteriorated to the point of being ridiculous.  I guess I couldn't have expected the good runs to last forever, and on Monday night I shuffled my way around what was supposed to be five fast kilometres and ended up being more like four. It was windy and wet and very cold and I was tired and just not feeling the love.  I didn't regret calling it quits early one little bit.  

Wednesday's hill run was an improvement, and I'm hoping I'll get a 1 hour 45 minute run in tomorrow.  However the prediction is for a high of eight degrees and snow down to 200 metres.  Jo and I were planning a huge run on the Karori trails, but that's looking a bit doubtful right now!  We've agreed that if we think we're heading into hypothermia territory we'll head off to a cafe for a hot chocolate instead.   

It's a cold, cold winter of discontent here in Wellington, but at least the cats are warm!

No comments: