Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sore

I hurt! I haven't been so sore in a long time. I guess a weights workout in the a.m. followed by a hard fast 10km may have just been too much yesterday. Either that or I'm simply overdue for my B12 shot (which I am). Whatever the reason, I spent today hobbling stiff-legged around the office.

Apart from the standard quad, hamstring and glute stiffness I've developed an interesting pain halfway up my left calf. Not sure what that's about. Last night it was sore to the touch, today less so. It didn't hurt at all during RPM tonight. I'm hoping I haven't done any lasting damage, but there was no way I was missing the class. It was one of my favourte instructor's last before she leaves for the UK. She started teaching two and a half years ago, around the time I became a gym junkie, and she has always been incredibly supportive of my progress. It was lovely to be there for one last workout. She played her favourite songs so loudly the stereo distorted, and a number of her workmates came along for the ride. It was a lot of fun.

I'm still going to run tomorrow, but if the calf is still sore I'll stick to the flat and keep it easy. I've got a session with Duck Thursday morning and one of her last RPM classes at 5.45.

Right, off to bed to read. It's cold here and the cider I drank over dinner has left me quite squiffy.

2 comments:

Bruce said...

Training hard as ever I see. Hopefully a lite run today did the trick to ease the soreness.

Pip said...

Funnily enough, I think the 'recovery' run did actually help me recover! The calf is feeling fine today and my legs supported me through an intense spin class tonight. I've got my PT session tomorrow and then the only question is whether to attempt a long run on Saturday or stick to Balance and do my long run on Sunday. If the weather's nice I'm going to want to be out on my bike at least once. It's a hard life ...